Upset Real Estate Tax Sale Terms
| NOTICE OF TAX SALE
The next scheduled Upset Tax Sale will be held September 25, 2014. A listing of the properties will be available mid July 2014.
| CONDITIONS OF SALE
1. The Tax Claim Bureau acting as an agent of each taxing municipality on which taxes are unpaid is selling the taxable interest of the owner. It makes no guaranty or warranty whatsoever as to the existence or condition of the property, accuracy of ownership, size, boundaries, locations, existence of structures or lack thereof, liens, titles, occupancy, possession, or any other matter whatsoever affecting the property. It has attempted to comply with all statutory rules regarding notice, and retains records of such notices in its office for public inspection, but makes no guaranties or warranties whatsoever.
2. An initial bid must equal the Upset Sale price as announced at the sale for each property. If the winning bid is $1,000.00 or less, payment must be made in full at the time the property is struck down. For any bid exceeding $1,000.00 a deposit of $1,000.00 must be paid at the time the property is struck with the balance due by 3:00 p.m. the day of the sale. All transactions must be paid by cash in the form of currency of the United States, or certified funds, such as certified check, cashier’s check or money order payable to County of Cumberland. Failure to pay the balance in full by 3:00 p.m. on the day of sale will result in loss of the $1,000.00 deposit, the sale will be voided, and the bidder will be prohibited from bidding at future tax sales. Any sale of properties that are voided by failure to be paid in full by 3:00 p.m. may be offered up again at the next scheduled sale.
3. The upset price of each property includes all delinquent real estate taxes, unpaid current year real estate taxes certified by the local tax collectors, municipal liens certified by the municipality, and any applicable Commonwealth liens certified by the PA Bureau of Compliance. All other outstanding liens or mortgages will not be divested by the Upset Sale and therefore the responsibility of the purchaser.
4. In addition to the bid price, the purchaser will be required to pay the costs of recording the deed and the applicable realty transfer taxes of 2% of the fair market value. For realty transfer taxes, fair market value is established by multiplying the current assessment of the property by the common level ratio factor for the year.
5. All sales are subject to confirmation by the Court of Common Pleas of Cumberland County, Pennsylvania. Approximately four months time from date of sale is required before a document of transfer is available, as the statute requires notice to listed owners after the sale and gives all parties additional time within which to file exceptions or objections to the sale. The Tax Claim Bureau will record a deed to the purchaser or purchaser’s nominee, after which the deed will be mailed to the address given by the purchaser. Or in the case of a mobile home, a bill of sale will be provided, in the name of the purchaser or purchaser’s nominee, and copy of the bill of sale will be mailed to the address given by the purchaser, and the purchaser will be responsible for transfer of the mobile home title. The purchaser is solely responsible for resolving any problems or difficulties in obtaining possession of the property.
6. If an owner should file exceptions or objections to the sale of a purchased property, it will be the responsibility of the purchaser to defend the validity of the sale, or negotiate with the owner for releasing the purchaser’s interest. The Tax Claim Bureau may choose to defend the validity of a sale, whether or not the purchaser does so. The Tax Claim Bureau may choose not to agree to void a sale even if the prior owner and the purchaser have agreed to do so.
7. The Real Estate Tax Law provides that: “There shall be no redemption of any property after the actual sale thereof, and the sale, when confirmed shall be deemed to pass a good and valid title to the purchaser, subject to the lien of every recorded obligation, claim, lien, estate, mortgage or ground rent with which said property may have or shall become charged or for which it may become liable:. (501(c) & 609 of Real Estate Tax Sale Law). All sales shall be made under these conditions and will be final. No adjustments will be made after the property is struck down. If any problem of possession of the premises arises after purchase, it shall be the responsibility of the purchaser to resolve the same. The sale does not purport to convey personal property which may be on the premises.
8. It is strongly urged that the prospective purchasers have examination made of the title to any property in which they may be interested. Every reasonable effort has been made to keep the proceedings free from error. However, in every case, the Tax Claim Bureau sale and conveyance is without guarantee or warranty, whatsoever, either as to existence, correctness of ownership, size, boundaries, location, structures or lack of structures upon the land, liens, titles, or any other matter or thing whatsoever. All sales will be made under these conditions and will be final. No adjustments will be made after the property is struck down.
9. Any property may be withdrawn from the sale and offered at an adjourned sale, at the option of the Bureau.
ALL PROPERTIES SOLD AT THIS CUMBERLAND COUNTY TAX CLAIM BUREAU UPSET SALE ARE UNDER THE RULE OF CAVEAT EMPTOR, OR LET THE BUYER BEWARE, AND ALL PURCHASERS ARE ACCORDINGLY HEREBY SO NOTIFIED.
CUMBERLAND COUNTY TAX CLAIM BUREAU
MELISSA F. MIXELL, DIRECTOR
KEITH O BRENNEMAN, SOLICITOR
ABBREVIATIONS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
R=RESIDENTIAL CH="COMMERCIAL" PARKING LOT
RA="RESIDENTIAL" APARTMENTS CO="COMMERCIAL" OFFICE
RT="MOBILE" HOME W/ LAND CG="COMMERCIAL" SERVICE STATION
RO="RESIDENTIAL" OUTBUILDING L1="VACANT" LOT, LESS 1 ACRE
RC="RESIDENTIAL" COMMERCIAL L2="VACANT" LOT, LESS 5 ACRE, MORE THAN 1
RS="RESIDENTIAL" SEASONAL L3="VACANT" LOT, LESS 10 ACRE, MORE THAN 5
C=COMMERCIAL, GENERAL I="INDUSTRIAL"
CC="COMMERCIAL" COMBINATION T="MOBILE" HOME, NO LAND
CR="COMMERCIAL" RESTAURANT A="AGRICULTURAL" W/ BUILDINGS, 10 OR MORE ACRES
CW="COMMERCIAL" WAREHOUSE AO="AGRICULTURAL" OUTBUILDING ONLY, 10 OR MORE ACRES
CA="COMMERCIAL" APARTMENT AT="AGRICULTURAL" W/ MOBILE HOME, 10 OR MORE ACRES
CL="COMMERCIAL" VACANT LAND V="VACANT" LAND
CS="COMMERCIAL" STORE CM="COMMERCIAL" MOTEL
CT="COMMERCIAL" MOBILE HOME PARK C5="COMMERCIAL" GREEN HOUSE
AS="SEASONAL" (OCCUPIED < 50% OF YEAR)
AKA DENOTES THAT A PARCEL HAS BEEN COMBINED WITH ANOTHER PARCEL. TAX SALE IS BEING CONDUCTED ON THE ORIGINAL PARCEL.