This unit handles a wide variety of cases under general supervision from the Cumberland County Court of Common Pleas and cases that transfer into Cumberland County from other counties.
There are currently eleven probation officers assigned to this unit, all of which are based at the Reed Building
located to the right of the Cumberland County Courthouse
. Offenders under general supervision are subject to the following standard conditions of probation, parole, or intermediate punishment.
- You may not commit a new criminal offense.
- You must maintain employment.
- You must remain on good behavior.
- You may not use any controlled substances without a valid prescription.
- You may be required to submit to random breath or urine screens.
- You must notify your probation officer if you plan to change your address.
- You must obtain a travel permit before leaving Pennsylvania for any reason.
- You must pay all court-related debts and a $45.00 per month supervision fee.
- You, your residence, and your car may be searched with or without a warrant.
- You must report promptly to your probation officer as directed.
- You may not have weapons at your residence or in your vehicle.
- You will waive extradition to Pennsylvania if you are arrested in another state.
It is important to note that conditions may vary from case to case, and all offenders are not necessarily under the same conditions.