Payments by Mail or Walk-in
Delinquent real estate taxes must be paid to "Cumberland County Tax Claim Bureau" via certified check, money order, Cashier’s Check, or cash. Personal or business checks are not accepted unless from a lender or an attorney.
The minimum payment on balances $250.00 or greater is $25.00.
Payment for tax certifications may be paid to the Cumberland County Tax Claim Bureau via personal check, business check or cash.
Cumberland County Tax Claim Bureau
1 Courthouse Square, Room 106
Carlisle, PA 17013
As part of our commitment to provide citizens with efficient, convenient service, the Cumberland County Tax Claim Bureau has partnered with Value Payment Systems to offer payment of Delinquent Taxes plus costs and Tax Certifications on-line, by telephone and terminal located in the Tax Claim Bureau office. Value Payment Systems, the service provider, charges a 1.5% processing fee for debit card transactions and 2.5% processing fee for credit card transactions. (minimum $2.50)
Credit cards accepted are: American Express®, Discover®, Master Card®, and Visa® and debit cards with the Visa® or Master Card® logo.
The Cumberland County Tax Claim Bureau does not accept electronic bank transfers.
Your credit/debit payment may take up to 72 hours to post to your tax claim account and your balance my still appear on the next day’s online delinquent listing. Payment for delinquent taxes via credit/debit card will not be accepted 3 days prior to a tax sale.
Tax Certifications requested on-line or by telephone will be issued the following business day.
Credit/Debit Card: Online
1. Go to www.paylocalgov.com/cumberlandpa-tax.
2. Choose Department Name: Tax Claim Bureau and Tax Type: Delinquent Property Tax or Tax Certification.
3. Enter your control number if paying delinquent taxes or map number if requesting certification.
Credit/Debit Card: Telephone (live assistance) M-F 9 a.m.-9 p.m. EST
1. Dial 888-877-0450.
2. Follow prompts to reach representative.
3. Request Cumberland County, PA delinquent property tax or tax certification.
4. Have your control number or map number available and credit card information.