To oversee the investigation and prosecution of all crimes committed in Cumberland County
1. Partner with police agencies in the process of criminal
charge and search warrant approval pursuant to local rules
2. Attend and conduct preliminary hearings as requested.
3. Screen incoming cases for pretrial diversion.
4. Prepare criminal case files including criminal history record
information, police reports and sentencing guidelines.
5. Prepare Criminal Informations for filing in the Clerk of Courts
6. Prepare defense discovery packets for delivery at
7. Provide staff and forms to conduct informal arraignments on
behalf of the Court.
8. Litigate all pretrial motions.
9. Resolve all cases within time limits outlined in Pa. Rule of Criminal Procedure 600 by guilty pleas, non-jury
trials, jury trials or other dispositions.
10. Prepare and arrange service of subpoenas to secure the
attendance of necessary witnesses.
11. Litigate all jury trials as necessary.
12. Coordinate all extradition and fugitive matters with law
enforcement and the Cumberland County Sheriff.
13. Ensure that all attorneys undergo 12 hours of continuing
legal education per year directly related to criminal