Costs and Fines FAQs

Q. How are fines, court costs, and restitution determined?
A. Some of the fines are mandated by law, while others are determined by the Court. Costs are mandated by law or local rule. Restitution is determined based on the amount of damage incurred.

Q. Where are fines, court costs, and restitution paid?
A. Fines, costs, and restitution are paid in the Clerk of Courts office located on the second floor of the East Wing Annex of the new Courthouse.

Payments may be mailed to:
Clerk of Courts
1 Courthouse Square, Room 205
Carlisle, PA 17013

Q. Can I pay my court costs with a credit card?
A. The Clerk of Courts contracted with a third-party vendor so court costs may be paid on the internet at Official using American Express, MasterCard, Visa, or Discover credit cards. There is 3 percent processing fee charged by the vendor.

Q. How can I find out how much I owe for costs, fines, and restitution?
A. The Pennsylvania Unified Judicial System has a website that lists all outstanding amounts due by docket number at the following link: 
PA Unified Judicial System Court of Common Pleas Web Docket Sheets
You can do a search either by “Common Pleas Docket Number” or by name by clicking on “Search Type” and entering the requested information.

Q. Who do I contact if cannot make a payment on time?
A. If you are on active supervision, contact your assigned probation officer.  If you are on unsupervised probation or collections only status, contact the Warrants Collections Unit at 717.240.5403.