License to Carry Firearms
The total fee for a License to Carry is $20.00 and is due at the time of application. Cash, Check and Money Order made payable to the Cumberland County Sheriff's Office and Credit Cards are accepted. A convenience fee will apply when paying by Credit Card.
Firearms Reciprocity Agreements
When carrying your Pennsylvania issued license in reciprocating states, you must be aware of and follow that state's current firearm law(s). For the most current list of reciprocating states and their laws, see the Pennsylvania Attorney General's website.
Citizens who choose to bear the responsibility of carrying a concealed weapon are solely responsible for keeping safety in mind at all times. This includes the safety of yourself and society around you.
- Always keep your firearm secured and out of children's reach when not in use.
- Never place your finger on the trigger unless you fully intend to shoot.
- Always be aware of your target and what is beyond it.
- Use only the accessories and ammunition that are specifically made for the model of the firearm you own.
Safety & Law Enforcement Officers
For the safety of our Law Enforcement Officers and the aversion of embarrassing situations, please remember these important tips:
- When dealing with Law Enforcement Officers, always inform the officer immediately that you are carrying a weapon and keep your hands in plain sight.
- If carrying concealed and you are pulled over on a traffic stop, again, immediately inform the officer and keep both hands on the steering wheel and in plain sight.
- Video TIPS on what to do in case you are pulled over by a Sheriff/Police Officer, have a license to carry and a weapon in your car: https://youtu.be/-Wrbat_P6Xc