All Visitation Has Been Closed Until Further Notice As Of November 19, 2020
Inmates committed to the Cumberland County Prison must complete a visitors list identifying those people they wish to have visitation with during their incarceration. Once approved, visitation is scheduled according to the housing unit the inmate resides in. Inmates are responsible for informing their visitors of visiting times.
All visitors must be over the age of 18 unless accompanied by a parent or guardian and must have current photo identification. All inmate visitation is secure (inmate and visitor are separated by a barrier) with the exception of those inmates who are classified as Trustees or Work Release who have contact visiting privileges.
General Visiting Information:
- Everyone entering this Prison is subject to search. Authority for such search is contained in Purdon’s, Title 61, Section 384.
- All electronic devices including cell phones are prohibited in the visitation rooms. Any violations will result in visitation suspension for both the inmate and visitor.
- All visitors are required to sign in on a “Visitation Registration Log.”
- Visitors must be dressed in socially acceptable clothing. A visitor’s dress code is published in various areas of the public lobby and visiting areas.
- All visitors under the age of eighteen (18) may visit only when accompanied by their parent or legal guardian. Some exceptions may apply; questions regarding visitation shall be addressed to the Deputy Warden-Security in the form of a written request.
- Visitors on active probation/parole or other form of conditional release must obtain written permission from the individual or agency supervising such release. The CCP Warden must also give approval prior to visits taking place.
- CCP complies with Act 2 of 1995 as it relates to victims of a crime and protection from abuse orders. Inmates will not be permitted to visit with victims of their alleged crime or with any person the courts or appropriate authority has deemed you to have no contact with.
- Officers will preserve the confidentiality of an inmate’s approved visitor’s list. They are not permitted to divulge names or addresses of visitors to other visitors.
- Money can be brought in to be placed in your inmate money account using the Kiosk during institutional visitation times.
- The only public transportation option to the prison during visiting hours is local taxi companies.
Visitation Rules & Regulations:
- No food or beverages are permitted in the visiting rooms.
- Property being sent out may be picked-up by the visitor following the visit in accordance with the out-going property procedures.
- Only those visitors on your approved visitor’s list will be permitted to visit and must leave promptly afterwards. Limited space in our lobby does not allow for others to wait.
- When a visitor requests to see more than one (1) inmate, they must sign in and complete the first visit; then leave to sign in for the second visit. They must be on both inmates’ approved visitors lists as well.
- This is a tobacco free facility. Visitors are not permitted to smoke inside the building, nor are they permitted to introduce these items into the visiting room.
- Visitors appearing to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol will not be permitted to visit.
- Visitors must control their children. Failing to prevent children from disturbing others may result in the termination of the visit.
- A visitor or inmate’s attempt to introduce contraband into the facility will result in termination of your visit, disciplinary action and/or criminal prosecution.