APPRISE / Medicare Counseling
APPRISE Health Insurance Counseling Program
APPRISE is the State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP) for all Medicare beneficiaries in Pennsylvania. The Pennsylvania Department of Aging created APPRISE to help Pennsylvanians understand their Medicare and other related health insurance benefits and assist them in making sound decisions about what is best for them.
APPRISE counselors are specially trained staff and volunteers who can answer your questions about Medicare and provide you with objective, easy-to-understand information about Medicare, Medicare Supplemental Insurance, Medicare Advantage Plans, Prescription Plans, and Medicaid.
Through individualized counseling, we can:
- Help you understand your Medicare benefits by explaining which services are covered under Parts A & B and your Medicare Summary Notice.
- Help you make informed choices about Medicare coverage options, including Medicare Advantage Plans, Medigap Plans, and Prescription Plans.
- Help you understand the Medicare appeals process and assist with appeals paperwork.
- Explain financial assistance programs that may be available to assist in paying for your Medicare premiums, deductibles and coinsurance, as well as your prescription drug needs.
- Present presentations on Medicare to your organization.
This informational session is for beneficiaries who are new to Medicare or family members assisting new beneficiaries. Please call Cumberland County Aging & Community Services at 717-240-6110 or 1-888-697-0371 ext. 6110 to register. Registration is preferred, as seating is limited. Topics include: Medicare Part A and B, Medicare Part D, Medicare Advantage Plans, Supplements/Medigap, Medicare coverage options, state and federal programs that help lower costs for Part B & Part D. Please call for dates and times of sessions held at Cumberland County Aging and Community Services 1100 Claremont Rd, Carlisle PA 17015. Presentations can also be provided to groups or organizations at no cost.
If you would like an Apprise appointment, please call (717) 240-6110 or 1-888-697-0371 ext. 6110.