Electronic Plan Submission & Recording Procedures

Submission of Plans

Please contact our office by calling 717-240-5362 or emailing jcohick@ccpa.net for any additional assistance.

To submit a plan for review by the Cumberland County Planning Department, please submit the following:      

  1. Please include a completed Application for Plan Review. Scanned applications are not accepted, paper copies will ONLY be accepted when accompanying payment. The application must be completed electronically and emailed to planningreviews@ccpa.net.
  2. A Portable Document Format (PDF) file of the plan and supporting documentation must be emailed to planningreviews@ccpa.net. The PDF should be landscape oriented, optimized and compressed to reduce file size. Paper and/or scanned copies of the plan will NOT be accepted.
  3. A paper copy of the application and a check made payable to "Cumberland County Planning Department” should be mailed to: 310 Allen Road Suite 101, Carlisle, PA 17013. PLEASE NOTE: Carlisle Postal Service is experiencing extended delays and we are not receiving mail regularly at our office. You may consider hand delivering the check until further notice. We apologize for any inconvenience. Thank you! 
       Payment should reflect the amount shown on the Plan Review Calculators:

Recording of Plans

  1. Prior to obtaining signature from the Planning Department, it is recommended that applicants review the Recorder of Deeds website to review the process and fee for recording of a plan.
  2. The Planning Department staff will be available from 8:00am – 4:30pm to sign plans for recording. The Planning Department does not require a paper copy of the plan or charge a fee for the signature.
  3. The applicant / engineer should provide a .dwg AutoCAD file that shows the parcel boundary, lot lines – all lots on the plan, building footprints, road rights-of-way and the edge of pavement. This information may be provided to the Planning Department at the time of recording via email to planningreviews@ccpa.net.
For questions, call 717-240-5362