Clean Water Cumberland
Cumberland County has developed a Countywide Action Plan, and a coalition called Clean Water Cumberland, which will identify Cumberland County’s local role to work with partners towards implementing the pollution reduction goals outlined in Pennsylvania’s Phase III Watershed Implementation Plan by the end of 2025.
Request for Proposal
Cumberland County is seeking proposals from a qualified consultant or consulting team to improve water quality in the county using grant funding through conservation planning, technical assistance, and BMP design. View the full request for proposals.
Pre-Proposal Meeting: A pre-proposal meeting was held on Thursday, February 10th at 1:30 PM via Zoom. The recorded meeting can be watched on YouTube.
Submissions are due by 4:00 PM on February 25, 2022. Consultants are encouraged to make their submissions prior to the 4:00 PM deadline to avoid last minute technical difficulties that could result in a late submission that is rejected. Submissions and questions should be emailed to Stephanie Williams or Elizabeth Grant.
The planning process is co-lead by the Planning Department and Conservation District. Herbert, Rowland & Grubic, Inc. (HRG), in partnership with Lancaster Farmland Trust, has been hired as a consulting coordinator for plan development and implementation.
If you have any questions about the plan, or would like to provide comments, please email them to Elizabeth Grant, Planning Specialist at email@example.com or call 717-240-6377.
Follow us on Facebook for project news and updates!
- Capital Resource Conservation and Development (RC&D) Agriculture Educational Resource
- Chesapeake Bay Program – Quick Reference Guide for Best Management Practices
- Conodoguinet Creek Watershed Association Story Map
- DEP Story Map – Healthy Waters, Healthy Communities
- Legacy Landscapes - Dam Removal and Restoration Opportunities in the Chesapeake Bay Watershed
- Stroud Center – Improving Soil Health for Climate Resilience
- Kickoff Meeting Presentation - Cumberland County Action Plan
- August 20, 2020 - Watershed Organizational Meeting Presentation
- August 27, 2020 – Land Preservation Meeting