Cumberland County Recovery Grants
Cumberland County Recovery Grant funding is available in the form of three grant categories. For additional information about who and what projects are eligible for each grant program, visit the pages below.
Visit our grant application page to learn how to apply online. No paper submissions will be accepted.
- May 2022 - Grant application opens May 16, 2022
- June 2022 - Grant application closes July 1, 2022
- Mid to late summer 2022 - Grants to be awarded
Prevailing wage applies for projects larger than $25,000 and contractors are required to have workmans comp at PA required levels. If construction is over $10,000, a performance bond and payment bond from the contractor are required.
The county is making funds available as grants to support ongoing COVID-19 Pandemic recovery efforts in the community. The county has established three primary goals for this funding as follows:
- Goal 1: Improve the physical & mental health of county residents directly & indirectly impacted by COVID-19.
- Goal 2: Revitalize Cumberland County communities negatively impacted by COVID-19.
- Goal 3: Restore & deliver government services impeded, delayed, or cancelled by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Cumberland County was awarded $49,214,152 in federal funding from the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 and received $24,214,152 in May 2021. The county will receive the remaining $25 million by June 2022.
The American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 was passed by congress and signed into law on March 11, 2021 by the President. This legislation includes $350 billion in Coronavirus State and Local Fiscal Recovery Funds for eligible state, county, territorial, metropolitan city, and tribal governments across the United States.
- 6.1.22 Applications for Cumberland County Recovery Grants Extended Until July 1
- 5.16.22 Cumberland County Recovery Grants Now Accepting Grant Applications
Check out our Frequently Asked Questions document. If you have questions that aren't answered in our FAQs or need assistance completing an application, please send your questions with your contact information and a good time to reach you so we can assist you.
Email us at email@example.com