Local 12-Step Support Groups
Self-help groups are a vital part of recovery from alcohol and other drug addiction. Information about local meeting times and places can be found online. In addition, there are online meeting sites.
Alcoholics Anonymous (AA)
- World Services - World Services AA is an international fellowship of men and women who have had a drinking problem. Many educational resources are available in addition to information about meetings.
- Harrisburg Area - Harrisburg Area Intergroup was formed in 1980 and among other services, provides 24-hour hotline assistance and current meeting schedules.
- Cumberland Valley Intergroup (Greater Carlisle Area) - Cumberland Valley Intergroup is a representative group from dozens of AA home groups throughout Carlisle and its surrounding areas. CVI provides 24-hour hotline assistance and current meeting schedules.
- Online Intergroup - The Online Intergroup supports all AA groups that wish to participate. Many forms of communication are available including Skype™.
Narcotics Anonymous (NA)
- World Services - Founded in 1953, Narcotics Anonymous is a global organization that offers peer support to maintain a lifestyle free of drugs, including alcohol.
- Capital Area Service of Narcotics Anonymous - CASNA provides a local helpline and meeting schedules.
- World Services http://nar-anon.org/naranon