ALERT: Advanced costs for Sheriff's Sale Real Estate has changed to $2,500 effective Immediately AND Realty Transfer Taxes will be taken out of the successful bidders final bid.
ALERT: We are now accepting Credit/Debit payments online and in office.
The mission of the Cumberland County Sheriff’s Office is to serve the citizens and visitors of Cumberland County with the highest level of integrity, professionalism and trust. We pledge to incorporate these core values in every aspect of our services which include: Ensuring public safety, maintaining a law enforcement presence in our community, providing security to the courts and county owned/leased buildings and property, executing orders of court, and issuing licenses.
In Memory of Corporal William Cline
View the Qualifications for a Deputy Sheriff.
The Sheriff's Office is responsible for a number of functions, including:
- Service and enforcement of court orders, writs of summons, complaints, money judgments and injunctions
- Conducting Real Estate Sales
- Issuing Licenses to Carry Concealed Firearms, Licenses to Sell Firearms and Licenses to Sell Precious Metals
- Service of warrants issued by the courts
- Providing security to county properties and to the courts
- Provide safe and secure transportation of prisoners for court appearances
- Enforce violations of the PA Crimes and Vehicle Code
- Provide law enforcement assistance and support to other law enforcement agencies
- Provide education, assistance and awareness to the public through community service programs
Office of the Sheriff - 2015 A Year in Review (pdf)
- The Cumberland County Sheriff's Office Fugitive Units Facebook Page
- New Office Hours for Submitting an Application for Concealed Firearms License
- Make Credit/Debit Payments Online click link: (convenience fees apply)
Visit the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) website for their Victim Notification Program to obtain reliable information regarding a criminal alien's release from custody.